Enrollment for the 2019-2020 school year is now open
Submit your ENROLLMENT APPLICATION today!
Advantage Arts Academy (AAA) is a tuition-free public charter school located in Herriman enrolling students for the fall of 2019 for Kindergarten through to 6th grade. AAA considers admissions for all students who reside in Utah and submit a timely application.
For 2019-2020, AAA’s authorized student enrollment is 728 students in kindergarten through sixth grade, with approximately 26 students per class. For 2020-2021 forward, the maximum student enrollment is 784 students.
Open enrollment for the 2019-2020 school year is open and the school is accepting applications.
- The first open enrollment period will be from October 8, 2018 up to and including January 14, 2019.
- Open enrollment will then be on a continual basis with lotteries held as vacancies become available.
- Parent Information Meeting or School Tour (optional). Learn about the benefits of enrolling at AAA by attending an informational meeting or school tour where you can meet our team and tour our facilities. Visit our Community Meetings page for more information.
- Submit an Online ENROLLMENT APPLICATION. By submitting your enrollment application you are stating your desire to enroll at AAA. This places you in the applicant pool for upcoming lotteries.
- Lottery Process. If the number of student applications exceed the number of positions available at AAA, students will be randomly chosen to fill available positions; this process is referred to as a lottery. All applicants in the lottery pool will be considered, and a computerized lottery program will randomly select students. AAA will first enroll any existing students for the upcoming school year and give preference as applicable under Utah Code. Every effort will be made to accept all siblings in an individual family, although this may not always be possible due to the cap on class sizes and the lottery process. Siblings of students currently enrolled will be given preference if and when openings become available.
- Registration Process. Families will be notified via e-mail of their child’s acceptance into the school. Accepted families will be notified of the next steps in the registration process and the timeline they will need to follow. If you do not receive a notice of acceptance after you submitted your child’s application, please assume nothing has changed in regard to your students' enrollment status. Visit our Registration page for more information.
- Applied. An application has submitted and the child’s name is in the lottery pool.
- Accepted. Student was selected through the lottery, but the required registration paperwork needs to be submitted.
- Confirmed. Parents/Guardians have notified the school of their child’s desire to attend, but registration paperwork is not complete.
- Registered. Accepted and completed registration paperwork.
- Declined. Either accepted into the school and the registration paperwork was not completed by the deadline or the family withdrew from the lottery process.
Completion and submission of an enrollment application does not guarantee admission to, or constitute acceptance in, Advantage Arts Academy. Please be sure to fill out ALL appropriate information and requested fields before you submit the application.
Advantage Arts Academy is a public school open to all Utah students without discrimination and on the same basis as other public schools that may not discriminate in admission policies and practices. The Office for Civil Rights (OCR) enforces four federal statutes that prohibit discrimination in programs and activities that receive federal financial assistance from the Department of Education (ED). AAA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, proficiency in English, national origin, sexual orientation, or age.
Admission, enrollment, and transfer procedures will comply with Utah Code. AAA charges no tuition and only fees as allowed by law. For additional information, please refer to our Enrollment Policy found in the Board Policy Manual.